Hi! I know Blob and Conquer is no longer maintained, but I think it's a great game! I made some fixes for annoying graphical bugs and created a pull request (https://github.com/perpendicular-dimensions/blobandconquer/pull/8), could you please take a look?
Blob Wars : Attrition
A downloadable game for Windows and Linux
Blob Wars : Attrition is a mission and objective-based 2D platform action arcade game.
In the months following the defeat of Galdov, Bob resumes his fight back against the BioMech alien invaders. He once again throws himself onto the field, to defeat enemy leaders, rescue POWs, bring down enemy outposts and installations, and prepare for the Blobs' annual wine and cheese party.
Blob Wars : Attrition features all the classic 2D gameplay of Metal Blob Solid. Set between the events of "Metal Blob Solid" and "Blob and Conquer", Bob ramps up the fight back against the alien invaders, wearing them down bit by bit, so that the Blobs can take back their world and return to the life of peace that they once knew.
- Intense multi-directional platforming action
- 25 different missions, in four different environments
- Boss battles
- Non-linear game progression
- Return to previous missions, to fully complete all the tasks
- Jetpack and aqua-lung, to both fly and swim
- Around 8 hours gameplay
Source code (excludes data assets): https://github.com/stephenjsweeney/blobwarsAttrition
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $1.99 USD. You will get access to the following files:
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
v1.0.2 has been released:
- Added missing .desktop file
- Update text referring to touch screen controls
- Added grenade counter stat and display, to aid with grenade combo trophy
- Games are now saved atomically, to mitigate save data loss
- Laser traps will not kill victims alive forever and block saving
- Misc. crash and cosmetic fixes and updates
Just finished this game and found it awesome! Competed it 99%, found everything but one hidden trophy. All missions are unlocked, still looking for it.
v1.0.1 has been uploaded that should fix a number of issues:
* Correctly save control configuration.
* Fixed compile error for save paths.
* Fixed save slot defaulting to 0 when loading and continuing.
* Removed saving of trophy screenshot - too buggy.
* Fixed i18n string array smashing.
Just bought the game and tested linux version. Here are some bugs I found:
1. When configuring controls with game pad (xbox 360) game saves the same button for fire and jetpack even if I set 2 different ones, had to edit the config manually.
2. Game crashes if I move the right stick.
3. Game crashes on beach front #1 when I pickup heart.
If you could file some bugs on GitHub:
When you pick up the heart, does the game show a trophy alert? It could be a problem trying to save a screenshot (you can turn this off in the options screen). I'll see what I can find out with the controller bugs. I used a single stick SNES-like controller for development.
Hello, I'm trying to buy blob wars attrition, but paypal doesn't allow the payment, please check your account.